Day 47 – My journey to find reasons to vote for Hillary rather than just against Trump.
She supports rural communities and farmers.
She’s the only presidential candidate to develop a plan addressing the issues specific to rural communities, which represent 15% of the US population. Her plan includes:
- Increasing available capital for rural businesses – not just agriculture – by increasing the number of RBICs (Rural Business Investment Companies).
- Improving healthcare for rural Americans – both access and quality.
- Fully funding the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), to assist those who conserve and improve natural resources on their farms and ranches, with a special set-aside for minorities and veterans. In the past decade alone, wind power generation has grown 10-fold. Farmers, more than almost anyone, care about global warming, as they suffer its consequences most.
- Building local and regional food systems to expand food hubs, farmers markets and direct sales to schools, hospitals, wholesalers, for example. This originated with her “Farm-to-Fork” initiative in NY.
- Improving access to high-speed broadband for both small business and students.
There’s more. You can read about it below. It feels pretty darn comprehensive to me.